Sunday 18 April 2010

Taper Worm

This tapering lark isn't all it's cracked up to be. In the build up to a marathon, the training in the last few weeks actually "tapers" down, as you conserve energy and rest before the big day. Now, this obviously sounds like the ultimate joy, no more long runs. But you begin to feel like a caged animal - pumped up with nowhere to go.

I've had a lovely weekend but seem to have spent quite a lot of it hydrating and eating carbs. Anyway, I'm going to channel energy this week into getting my survival kit ready. Today I was hand delivered a special treat, in the form of my sister's breastfeeding nipple cream. Apparently it's quite expensive and more effective than vaseline. I'm not ashamed to admit this on a public blog. I'm not even drunk.

Have bought all of my carbs for the week ahead, and am looking forward to a week of:
(a) porridge breakfasts
(b) baked potato lunches
(c) pasta dinners

I feel like the michelin man just even typing that.

ROLL ON SUNDAY 25th!

No comments:

Post a Comment