Tuesday 20 April 2010

Beyonce for President

The tapering is driving me nuts, it's official. I'm extremely bored and irritable so in order to take my mind off the disgusting amounts of carbohydrates I am currently ingesting, I've been working on my playlist.

Sometimes I think Beyonce should actually rule the world. Just her and Jay, sat on two thrones, lording over everyone with their sweet music. Big shout out to Jeffrey Haddon for recommending Destiny's Child's 'Survivor' for the final stretch - a true powering home anthem if ever there was one.



My current playlist consists of 125 songs and 9 hours of music (I'm really hoping it won't take that long) but at present my top 10 tunes is mainly consisting of the songs below. These are the ones that I am REALLY going to appreciate when all I want to do is jump in an ice bath, or the Thames.

- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O'Mine
(I gain an extra mile per minute just with that opening)
- Bjork - Army of Me
(GET OUT OF MY WAY)
- Destiny's Child - Survivor
(hats off Jeffers)
- Girls Aloud - Something Kinda Ooooh
(couldn't do it without these shiny ponies)
- Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight
(Dronez Mix - nothing less)
- Devo - Snowball
(and it rolled back down.. and it rolled back down.. and it rolled back down..)
- Brakes - All Night Disco Party
(spooky.. makes my head bob)
- Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
(brings a smile to my face)
- Hercules & Love Affair - Blind
(an epic)
- Gus Gus - David
(another epic)
- Ministers De La Funk - Believe
(the ultimate epic)

Okay so that was more than 10. However, I have to say that my ultimate running song must be The Prodigy's 'Smack My Bitch Up'. It's just awesome in so many ways. Makes my head go funny. Makes my legs go faster. Makes me want to cry. I just love it.




I would love any more suggestions; nothing is final on the iPod until M-Day! Any ideas?

Ps. THANK YOU so much if you've already donated. You're all totally amazing and I can't honestly believe we're nearly at £3,000! Your generosity has been incredible and truly inspiring.

If you haven't had a chance yet - in the name of Honey B, please..... http://www.justgiving.com/paulandgracelondonmarathon2010

2 comments:

  1. Journey - Don't Stop Believing
    Nelly - Air Force Ones
    Jay Z - Justify My Thug
    Really any Jay will probably do the trick!
    Good luck team leader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are:

    1) Candi Staton - You got the love
    2) Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a hero
    3) Bruce Springsteen - Radio Nowhere
    4) Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
    5) Halo - Beyonce - so I can sing along

    ReplyDelete