Friday 23 April 2010

ExPoSeD

Last night I went to the London Marathon Expo at the Docklands Excel Centre, where I picked up my race number, timing chip and lots of useless leaflets.

Very exciting - no going back now, I am OFFICIALLY REGISTERED. Gulp.

The Expo is a weird place. It's basically corporate sponsorship hell, where lots of people try to sell you lots of things you don't need, like shoes with calf-strengthening soles, and where you can also pick up a wide and extensive range of disgusting samples of food and drink supplements. We had fun though, and it was nice to meet the people from the charity. Big thanks to Grace who came along to join in the pasta party fun times. 

We sat down at some lovely white formica tables, and watched an adidas sportswear fashion show, where some beautiful people walked out onto the stage, showing off the latest in adidas lycra sportswear, then broke out into a full on street dance routine. Bizarre.

Here's me having my own personal pasta party:


But wait, what's this on the stage?



It's only the adidas street dancers! 



Look at the partying!



I also had a souvenir photo taken with the trophy, which will obviously be mine on Sunday afternoon. I'm pretty sure I might actually be in with a chance, especially what with all the volcanic ash.




I think the carbs have actually tipped me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment