Tuesday 23 March 2010

Saturday it's a Saturday


I recovered from the McMuffin fiasco and did my big weekend run on Saturday, about 13 miles. These horrors are definitely getting easier, and a shout out to new flattie Tim and the Beechmeister General who came along for the ride. It's so much better doing it with other people, and we managed a nice route from Clapton, around Victoria Park, along Regents Canal, up through Angel and then back to Stokie.

I'm slightly upset that my long runs always seem to end on Stoke Newington Church Street, when I am looking my most disgusting, with a big red ribena berry head and me being an overall sweaty mess. I've been spotted a few times now, think I really need to change the route of my final stretch.

Feeling encouraged by the fact that I don't want to curl up and die after these long weekend runs any more. In fact afterwards I actually went and finished moving house, wandered around the Dalston pound shops, went for dinner and then polished off a bottle of Sailor Jerrys on Saturday night. Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment